Wednesday 19 October 2011

Crusades-The sun is down and the night is riding in LP
































This is one of my favourite records of 2011. I only got it last week and I’ve played it a bunch of times already. Looking at Crusades’ record sleeves you could be mistaken that you would be getting something musically that could be on Holy terror but in fact it’s more pop punk sounding albeit with a more darker feel. I can even feel a hint of black metal in there somewhere. Their lyrics are very anti-religion which makes them unique for a band of that style. I only recently got a copy of their 7” from last year but this is brand spanking new. Great job. It’s alive records have done the deeds here. It comes housed in a nice gatefold sleeve and there is a limited quantity on red vinyl.

6 comments:

Mike said...

I'd never heard of this band. I just downloaded this, and I like what I'm hearing. I may have to order this.

Mike said...

Sticks and Stones! That's who this reminds me of!

Mark-Sandwell said...

yeah, hurry Mike. The red ones are going fast.

Mike said...

Looked like they were sold out through It's Alive, so I grabbed a red one from Razorcake yesterday.

Gavin said...

checked this out after reading your post and I'm loving it. Reminds me of the wave of pop-punk from ten or so years ago that I was into at the time, but with a solid, darker edge. Great stuff.

Mark-Sandwell said...

yeah it's pretty damn special. Just been in hospital for an operation. This was on contstant rotation on the ipod.