Saturday 2 July 2011

Omegas-Blasts of lunacy 12”




Props to Simon Kelly for introducing me to this awesome Canadian band. He said ‘if you like your old Boston and NYHC stuff then you’ll love this’. He knows that I do so I would have been surprised if this was anything but great. I love the cover. It looks like anything but a brutal hardcore record-hell, you could probably pass it off as a 70’s Kraut rock album but it’s just so striking. Parts unknown records put out the US release but over here in Europe, Hardware records from Germany did the honours and this version is limited to just 100 copies on green. (I believe parts unknown did a clear vinyl pressing but their fucking site is down at the moment). I’ve only listened to this a couple of times so far but I have a feeling it may wind up on my best of 2011 list. It’s been a good year so far for music-and we’re only halfway through.

No comments: