Monday 18 April 2011

Possessed-Seven churches LP


Like most people who got into hardcore in the late 80's I was into thrash metal previously. It was the crossover stuff of DRI, Suicidal T, Agnostic front that led me into straight up hardcore. Prior to that I loved all the thrash bands like Slayer, Metallica(up to 'master of puppets') Celtic frost, Kreator etc-and of course there was Possessed. This debut album 'Seven churches' from 1984 is one of the most evil and raw sounding records you will ever hear and age hasn't stripped it of any of it's power-it's still sick. Now these days I don't buy that much metal vinyl simply because it's too time consuming/expensive trying to keep up with the latest hardcore releases but I made an exception for this awesome LP-even though I already own an original pressing. Pressed on 180G white vinyl and housed in a gorgeous gatefold sleeve I simply couldn't resist this-especially when it only worked out at £9.99 postpaid. This is seriously THE shit!!! This is the sort of stuff that would make emo wimps or Nu metal fools absolutely crap themselves.
Thank you Back on black for making this available again. If you don't already own a copy now you have no excuse.

3 comments:

Mike said...

I've got the Monumentum Records pressing for this one. Love the album cover, but I'd reach for Beyond the Gates over this one.

Lins87 said...

no way man...7 churches is raging. Still have the original combat core vinyl. So raw.

Lins87 said...

1. Churches
2. Eyes of Horror
3. Beyond the gates