Sunday 26 December 2010

Chronic sick-Cutest band in hardcore 12" repress.



I love No way records-and I try and get the colour version of all their vinyl releases and unlike the majority of labels these days who press about a million different colours, No way do it the old way and that's by releasing the majority on black and just a few on colour making it feel exclusive-like it used to be one time.
Anyway after missing out on the Social cirkle LP on clear last year (which I still haven't scored yet) I knew I would have to be on the ball when this dropped (along with the repress of the Chronic sick 7" too). Thing is this took like forever to come out but there I was every other day checking the site-like a man with a mission. When the orders finally went up I lucked out and got both this 12" and the
7" along with the new Acid reflux 7".
I'm ashamed to say I've never heard this record before. Of course since the 1983original pressing on Mutha records is very rare and commands well over $1000 you could probably forgive me but in this digital age of downloads and file shares I have no excuse really. Well I can see what the fuss is about-this is awesome. It's as good as some of the big records by the big bands of the time (Flag, circle jerks etc) and what I found really surprising was how well played and tight musically this is as there were a lot of sloppy bands around at the time. Some of the lyrics upset a few folk at the time but it's pretty obvious they were done in irony, Irony doesn't always translate well via music or a lyric sheet though. Even though the 7" is very good this is vastly superior .
No way have come trumps again here. It looks and sounds great and nice blue colour too. Just 150 of these and they went straight away. More awesome reissues please.

No comments: