Tuesday 8 December 2009

Jailcell recipes

Jailcell recipes were from Wigan way and were quite popular around my town back in the day. They played good hardcore stuff which was melodic yet rough at the same time.Thier first LP was pretty rubbish mainly due to a really bad production job but the second one 'Two years of toothache' was pretty bloody fine and featured cover art by Karl Alverez of ALL fame. Anyway recently I picked up a test press for it as you can see above. No cover though which is a shame, now I want a regular copy.
Off the same dude who I got the test press from I also got this limited single. 500 hand numbered. My lucky number is 244. It's weird hearing these again. They sound pretty damn good after all these years. They did actually do a reunion show back in 2006 at the annual Night of the living dead festival in Liverpool but i had to catch the last train back home. Members are now in a new band called Bail bond but the singer has already left so who knows what's happening now.
Anyway if you haven't heard Jailcell before do have a listen.
Good shit!!

No comments: